Saturday, December 13, 2008

What are we thinking?!?


My “baby” turns 4 tomorrow. What are we doing having another one? I am sitting here thinking about what we are getting ourselves into having another one. Yesterday Chandler decided he wanted lunch as I was in the middle of folding laundry, so he fixed himself a sandwich. He can dress himself. He is potty trained. He sleeps through the night. I can go places without a diaper bag or stroller. I don’t have to buckle anyone in the car because they can both do it by themselves. I have 2 very independent boys. In April I will have someone that totally depends on me for EVERYTHING. I am feeling totally overwhelmed by this idea.


And then I think of the tiny hands and feet, the snuggly baby, the sweet new baby smell, first smiles, first steps, first time seeing the new baby, tiny baby noises, a new little one to love and it all seems worth it.

5 comments:

Kylee said...

Once you hold that beautiful little one, staying up all night, making bottles, changing bums, etc. will all seem pretty petty. He'll be worth it. No doubt.

Kellie said...

It is worth it

Linsay and Jake said...

Hey Kathie, can I get your new address?

Fortunes said...

they are always worth it!

nicole said...

I have had every single one of those emotions. Lets just say THREE......scares me. I wanted to cry reading your post:)