Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Posted by Kathie at 5:38 PM
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
The boys woke up on Sunday, October 12 to a foot of snow. They looked out the window and this is the conversation that followed:
Spencer-"This is the BEST DAY EVER!"
Chandler-"Yes, the BEST DAY EVER."
Spencer- "I never thought this day would come."
Chandler-"I always knew that it would."
Then they came running to me to get all of their snow clothes on. They had a blast out in the snow. Hudson also enjoyed himself quite a bit.
Posted by Kathie at 6:47 AM
Brandon had a good time.
Chandler loves candy.
And being goofy.
Spencer is excited about the house.
My hard working boys.
The finished product.
As we were making it the boys were singing "jingle bells". Brandon was a bit annoyed with them. He kept trying to get them to sing a Halloween song. They love to tease their Dad.
Posted by Kathie at 6:35 AM
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Brandon read my list and wanted to play, too. This is what he came up with...
1. I am quite proud of my BluRay and DVD collection, but unlike any
other person in the world, I do not just alphabetize my collection,
but rather have them listed alphabetically by Studio. For instance, my
Warner Bros collection is A-Z, Paramount is A-Z, Fox is A-Z, etc.
The only exception to this rule is Tim Burton films which are listed
in order of release. I can look at my collection and know exactly what
is missing and I know where each film goes when I am ready to put a
2. I have certain films I watch at different times in the year, and
for odd reasons. For instance, every Christmas Eve I watch a film
called Deep Blue Sea. It has been a tradition of mine for 9 years. I
purchased my first DVD Player on Christmas Eve but the collection
to choose from on titles was very slim. I picked up Deep Blue Sea and
have watched it ever since on that night. Every Halloween
I watch Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow for obvious reasons. Every January
I watch the entire Star Wars saga non stop. Every April
I have a Matrix marathon, etc. Also, I watch Terminator 2 every August
29th for that is the date Judgement Day begins in the film,
as well as V for Vendetta on November 5th in celebration of Guy Fawkes
Day. This list can go on and on.
3. Whenever I am on a shoot on one of my movies, I generally wear
something lucky. I tend to wear Tim Burton themed black
and white striped socks on every film; or I am wearing a Tim Burton or
a Brandon Young themed shirt. I have a Mind of Tim Burton shirt,
I Heart Tim Burton, and a Tim Rocks shirt that I usually wear. My crew
has also made me a I Heart Brandon Young shirt which I now wear,
as well as shirts made regarding my films; Self Isolation, Guardian,
and The Game Plan. My favorite shirt says I am the Director, but you can
call me God. Its a strange superstition.
4. When I am on the phone, I must be pacing. If I am sitting down
while talking on the phone, I am generally doodling. Also, I am quite
petrified of making phone calls.
5. I absolutely detest taking baths. I instead take showers which
generally last for about twenty minutes. I usually just stand in the
for about ten to fifteen minutes which I find extremely relaxing.
Showers must be near scalding hot as well.
6. At a movie theater, I must sit four rows up with a bar directly
ahead of me. This way I have a foot rest without kicking someones chair.
If I do not get my theater seat, I get very angry. Luckily my friends
understand this and they generally save me a seat.
Posted by Kathie at 7:26 AM
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Definition of quirk:n.1. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: "Every man had his own quirks and twists" Harriet Beecher Stowe.2. An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.
1. I am OBSESSED with patterns of numbers. I like to see “my birthday” anywhere and everywhere. Brandon has learned that this is super cool to me. He even texted me once to let me know he saw it on a police car and the bus on his old Pepsi route was numbered with his birthday. I have decided to not be induced this pregnancy, because I can’t figure out a cool date to do it. All of my boys have 12 in there birthday-Brandon 6/12, Spencer 11/12, Chandler 12/14. The baby will be grandchild # 8 on one side and #3 on another-which is my birthday 8/3. Obsessed. I could go on and on.
2. I HATE to sit up straight when I eat. Brandon learned very early on that my leg would be on his lap during meals. He has grown to love it. Eating with my in-laws is torture, because that is one of the only times I have to sit up straight.
3. I am DISGUSTED by bar soap. I would rather someone not wash his or her hands than to use a bar of soap. I feel bad because Brandon feels cleaner when he washes with a bar, but I won’t buy them for him.
4. I fall ASLEEP during nearly every movie I ever watch. Doesn’t matter where I am. This drives Brandon crazy. When asked if I’ve seen a movie my answer usually is “the beginning”. I try to stay awake. I have always done this. Many nights I was late for curfew, just because I fell asleep during a movie. I don’t go to the theater very often because I feel it is one expensive nap.
5. I LOVE the read instruction manuals. I also love to read reviews on products. I got this from my Dad.
6. I don’t like to eat without something to READ. I’ve even gone as far as to read the phone book when there wasn’t anything else around…That also helped with my name obsession mentioned in a previous post.
Posted by Kathie at 7:54 AM
Friday, October 17, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
For as long as I can remember I have been obsessed with names. I bought my first baby name book when I was 13 and spent many hours reading it, underlining it, etc. As you know, I am now pregnant with baby #3. If we have a girl the name is set. If we have a boy, we aren't quite sure what to name him. With Spencer we were set on a name, until we saw him and then decided that we needed something different. It took us 3 days to finally end up with Spencer. With Chandler it was a lot easier to choose a name and stick with it. He was always going to be Chandler. So, now we have a list of names that we are tossing around for boys and I want to know what people think. We will ultimately choose a name that we like, not caring about other's opinions, but I just want to know what they are. Our girl name is not on anyone's favorite list, but we don't care. As long as we've been together our future girl has been Ellarie Maryn. We will call her Ellie.
Posted by Kathie at 4:56 PM
What is something mom always says to you?I don’t know Dad: If I tell him something I want to do he says no
2. What makes mom happy? Me being good and cleaning my room and doing things she wants me to do. Dad: If I don’t tell lies
3. What makes mom sad? When dad says something that you don’t like Dad: Nothing
4. How does your mom make you laugh? By tickling me. Dad: Tickle
5. What was your mom like as a child? Good Dad: Good
6. How old is your mom? One second 25, 26, what 27. Dad: 25.
7. How tall is your mom? maybe 15 feet Dad: 16 feet
8. What is her favorite thing to do? to do things you want to do Dad: to tickle me
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Cry Dad: Stay happy
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? I say Uhhh. Wait I want to think. You wear cool clothes. Dad: Same thing and for movies
11. What is your mom really good at? Golf. Dad: Filming
12. What is your mom not very good at? Air hockey Dad: Golf
13. What does your mom do for her job? Works at Harmons. Dad: Films all day
14. What is your mom's favorite food? I don’t know. Dad: I know he likes something...noodles
15. What makes you proud of your mom? When Hudson bites me and you put him in his cage. Dad: When he fixes things for me.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Spiderman, I mean Cat Woman. Dad: He would be Batman
17. What do you and your mom do together? We usually, sometimes, we watch movies sometimes and today you went outside with me so Hudson wouldn’t escape from his leashes. Dad:
18. How are you and your mom the same? Because, How are we? Same skin. Dad: Maybe same skin.
19. How are you and your mom different? We don’t have the same eyes or hair. Dad: Not same hair and not same clothes.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? That my heart beeps. Dad: That his heart beeps.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? That he does things for her. Dad: You sometimes do his laundry.
22. Where is your moms favorite place to go? Burger Bar. Dad: His mom’s house.
What is something mom always says to you? When I want to draw then you say yes. Dad: When I want to do something then he says no.
2. What makes mom happy?For cleaning up our room. Dad: Cleaning up our room
3. What makes mom sad? Dad saying something you don’t like Dad: Mom saying that he doesn’t like
4. How does your mom make you laugh? Doing funny faces Dad: Funny Faces
5. What was your mom like as a child? Uhh. I don’t know Dad: I don’t know.
6. How old is your mom? I don’t know Dad: I don’t know.
7. How tall is your mom?Real Tall. NOt all the way up to the ceiling. Dad: tall.
8. What is her favorite thing to do? Play with me. Dad: Play with mom.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Cry. Dad: Stay happy.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? Uhhh...I don’t know. Dad: I don’t know.
11. What is your mom really good at? Air hockey, nope, you can’t do air hockey. Guess what your good at? Golf. Dad: Playing Air hockey
12. What is your mom not very good at?AIr hockey. Dad: Air hockey
13. What does your mom do for her job? Um, didn’t Spencer tell you all this stuff already. He is better than me. And then he ran away to play...
I don’t know why they both said I was good at golf. I DO NOT golf. Mini golf, sometimes, but I am definitely not good at it. They sure are silly boys. Anyone that knows me knows they are right about the crying thing. Although, it has gotten a bit worse with pregnancy:)
Posted by Kathie at 2:12 PM
Monday, October 6, 2008
Posted by Kathie at 5:11 PM