Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Quirky

Definition of quirk:n.1. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: "Every man had his own quirks and twists" Harriet Beecher Stowe.2. An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.

1. I am OBSESSED with patterns of numbers. I like to see “my birthday” anywhere and everywhere. Brandon has learned that this is super cool to me. He even texted me once to let me know he saw it on a police car and the bus on his old Pepsi route was numbered with his birthday. I have decided to not be induced this pregnancy, because I can’t figure out a cool date to do it. All of my boys have 12 in there birthday-Brandon 6/12, Spencer 11/12, Chandler 12/14. The baby will be grandchild # 8 on one side and #3 on another-which is my birthday 8/3. Obsessed. I could go on and on.

2. I HATE to sit up straight when I eat. Brandon learned very early on that my leg would be on his lap during meals. He has grown to love it. Eating with my in-laws is torture, because that is one of the only times I have to sit up straight.

3. I am DISGUSTED by bar soap. I would rather someone not wash his or her hands than to use a bar of soap. I feel bad because Brandon feels cleaner when he washes with a bar, but I won’t buy them for him.

4. I fall ASLEEP during nearly every movie I ever watch. Doesn’t matter where I am. This drives Brandon crazy. When asked if I’ve seen a movie my answer usually is “the beginning”. I try to stay awake. I have always done this. Many nights I was late for curfew, just because I fell asleep during a movie. I don’t go to the theater very often because I feel it is one expensive nap.

5. I LOVE the read instruction manuals. I also love to read reviews on products. I got this from my Dad.

6. I don’t like to eat without something to READ. I’ve even gone as far as to read the phone book when there wasn’t anything else around…That also helped with my name obsession mentioned in a previous post.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I kind of have a little obsession with numbers too. I also see my birthday and my family's birthdays in numbers all the time. Jed always has to sing Happy Birthday to me when we see 10:14 on the clock. I love seeing my birthday numbers.

Kylee said...

Your quirkiness is why I like you. And I'm pleased to see from Kellie's comment that someone else likes to be sung "Happy Birthday" when the clock reads their birthdate. Perhaps I'm not as odd as I thought? Ha, get real.