Sunday, May 18, 2008

My first 5k.

Yesterday I ran my first 5k. I ran with my Sister-in-Law, Andrea, who turned out to be a great running partner. We both helped each other keep a good pace. If I would fall behind seeing her ahead of me would encourage me to continue. She says I did the same for her. I finished the race in 35:53:18. She finished just a few steps ahead of me, but because of a misunderstanding she didn't have her timing chip. We are making plans to do more races in the future. We hope to do next years Ogden Marathon 5k again and improve our time. I feel so good about actually running and finishing this. I was starting to get really nervous and was thinking of a way to get out of it. I am so glad that I didn't! It was a great experience. I feel so powerful.

3 comments:

Kylee said...

I'm so proud of you! You are awesome!

nicole said...

What an acomplishment! That is awesome. Guess What?? I ran my FIRST 5k that same day too! It did feel really good. But now I'm really getting nervous for the Wasatch Back Relay in June, ahhhh. I hope I survive.

Kurtis said...

That is rad!!!! We are going to be trying our first 5k on July 4th. Cherry Days in North Ogden is having one. You should look into it.. I have the website where you can sign up so if you are interested let me know. Any pointers because I don't know how excited I am about the whole thing??