Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Brandon, Spencer, and Chandler always wear their Santa hats on Christmas Eve. Brandon has done this since the first Christmas we were married.

Spencer and Chandler getting ready to go to the Christmas Eve party. They are in their new jammies. Unfortunately the rest of Christmas was such a blur that I didn't get any pictures. i am super sad about that. At least we have the memory of it.

I had plans to get a lot of Christmas crafting done. I only finished one. It was this tray for Santa. I was pretty happy about how it turned out.


We had a crazy, busy Christmas, but it was good. We were up too late on Christmas Eve, and almost missed my brother, James's phone call. We were supposed to leave our house at 8:00 to make it in time for his call, but we did not wake up until 8:00. We opened the presents in a mad rush and ran out the door. The poor boys didn't even know what they got for Christmas. We made it up to hear James's voice on the phone. That was such a good thing. It made me miss him a lot, but I know he is doing a great job on his mission. He is currently serving in Maryland. He is almost to his halfway point. After talking to James we scarfed down some breakfast casserole at my parents house and then ran out the door again. We went to Brandon's parents house for monkey bread and scones. We opened presents and visited for a bit and went home to take a nap. When we woke up from our nap it was time to be back up in Brigham City at my grandparent's house. We stayed up there the rest of the night, playing games, eating, and having a good time. The boys stayed at my Mom's house because Brandon and I had to work the next morning. They had a good time the next day playing with all of Coleson and Jayden's new Christmas toys. They were happy to come home that evening to spend some time with all of the stuff they got. Whew! I am glad that Christmas only comes once a year!

2 comments:

Kylee said...

Sounds like you guys were way busy, but at least it was fun! I'm glad I lucked out and rarely have to deal with the in-laws on holidays. I want to come try that boxing game, but I probably wouldn't allow anyone else to be in the room.

Erin said...

You made that Santa tray? You will have to tell me how! It is SO cute!! Looks like you guys had a busy but fun Christmas!! It it fun to see how big you boys have gotten! You have such a cute family!!