Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Where is time going?!?

I swear every morning I wake up a week has passed instead of only a night. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing. Spencer had his 6th birthday on the 12th. I had a really hard time with that. I feel like he was just a tiny baby laying in the bed at the hospital. In my head I am still just waiting for him to be strong enough to come home. Then we put 6 candles on his cake and I realize how much time has passed since then. I feel like I have missed so much of his life doing all of the regular hustle bustle of life. I really just want to be able to enjoy it more. The year and a half that we managed the apartments took a lot out of both Brandon and I. We both totally missed that time of our boys lives. The boys acted out, screaming for a bit of attention from us. We didn't listen. I am so sad. That was the worst year and a half of my life and I can never get it back. Now we are in our own home, with our own needs and wants to fill our minds and time, we are enjoying each other again. The boys have been so well behaved, Brandon and I have relaxed, we enjoy family time. In the apartments Brandon and I were in a black hole, barely surviving day to day. Now there is light.



For Spencer's birthday we gave him Brandon's old video camera. Spence is a little director in training. He follows his Dad around watching his every move. He had a fake camera that didn't record anything that he would use all the time. Trying different angles, yelling action and cut, setting the scene. When he opened the video camera he had the HAPPIEST look on his face. I have never seen him so happy. Brandon was emotional. And of course, my camera battery was DEAD! I will never forget the look on his face, though. It is forever burned in my mind. Since his birthday he has not let go of the camera, even begging to take it to school.




His old, fake camera




  • We had our very first Parent Teacher Conference with Spencer. Mrs. Jones had nothing but good to say about him. He is doing well with all of his school work, he is an excellent student. He is one she can always expect to do the right thing and to be the example. He earned "character award" for RESPONSIBILTY. We got to go to an award ceremony. He was so cute up there on the stage.

    Chandler is Chandler. He is so funny. He always has the funniest things to say, accompanied with the silliest facial expressions. He is always making us laugh, even if he is a bit mischevious. Life would surely be boring without him. He is such a sweetie, too. He is always giving my belly kisses for the baby. He will bring me 2 treats, one for me and one for the baby. He is going to be a great big brother. He is enjoying "acting" in Spencer's films. He is always trying to come up with really great lines, and tries so hard to do the best acting he can. I love to see my two boys playing together. They really are best friends.

    One week from today we should be able to find out the gender of our baby. I am excited. We were unsure if we were going to find out, but since deciding to I can't hardly wait. I really don't have any feelings as to what it is. Today I feel like it is a boy, yesterday a girl. Hopefully the baby will cooperate next week and we will be able to tell. The boys are excited to get to see the baby on the computer.

3 comments:

nicole said...

When do you find out??? I'm hoping for lots of PINK! Refer to my blog:)!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making me "emotional" again. :)

Kylee said...

I think he is just so darn cute. I love that he has such a strong bond with Brandon. Spencer is going to be the best director known to mankind by the age of 10.