Friday, November 7, 2008

The itsy bitsy Spider...

Spencer was playing outside on our rocks, when suddenly he came into the house crying.  I thought he had fallen on the rocks, but he was insisting that he hadn't.  He showed me his leg, which at the time just looked like he had scraped it.  We continued to watch it and as the night wore on it began to look like a bite.  So, we hopped online to find out about spider bites.  That was enough to keep Brandon and I up all night worried about our little boy's leg.  (If you get bored and want to see something really disgusting google 'brown recluse spider bites')  One of the signs of a brown recluse bite is that it turns purple/gray.  He woke up the next morning and sure enough it was purple/gray.  We took him to the doctor and they gave him medicine.  It still got pretty ugly, but not as bad as it could have been.

Wednesday Morning (the morning after the bite)
Wednesday Morning
Sunday Morning.
Monday night
One week later, Tuesday night



4 comments:

The 4 Hoggans said...

That was gross enough. I don't think I need to google anything. Scary stuff though.

Whit said...

Oh my gosh Kathie, that is NUTS!!!! I'm glad he's alright!

The Huffies said...

SICK! I hate spiders so bad! Poor little guy! Hope you're doing well!

Fortunes said...

Oh my goodnes. Poor little guy. I'm terrified of spiders. I hope it gets better soon.