Saturday, April 25, 2009

More Oliver

While we were waiting for the hospital to call Brandon rollerbladed and I walked.
Right before all of the fun began.









That is a big bruise on his forehead.  He got stuck on his way out.   He also has one the back of his head from the vacuum that was used to help him out.


When I was in labor with Chandler we watched 'Love Story'.  The main character's name in that movie is Oliver.  We had decided on the name Chandler, but after watching that movie and hearing the name Oliver we questioned our decision.  Obviously, we ultimately picked Chandler, but said if we ever had another boy it would be Oliver.  We found out we were having another boy and started calling him Oliver.  Then, because it is a huge decision to choose a name, we had our doubts.  On Tuesday, April 21, I was scheduled to be induced.  They had told me 7 am, but to call in the morning to make sure it was still on for that time.  I called and they had a lot of laboring mothers so I would have to wait.  Brandon and I were up and ready to go at 7, so we had some time to kill.  We didn't want to sit at home and wait for the phone to ring, so we left to find something to do.  Well, not much is open or going on at that time in the morning.  We drove around for a bit.  We went and walked around the mall...before any of the stores were open.  We saw a display of muffins that looked delicious and went on a mission to find a yummy muffin.  We went to Target to get said muffin.  Then we walked around the store for a bit.  Right at the front of the store, in the $5 movie section was a copy of 'Love Story'.  I had made a comment about how we should have rented it to watch in the hospital, but thought about it too late.  We took this as a sign that the little one coming to us was, in fact, Oliver.  We spent sometime just sitting outside the hospital, looking at the pond and watching people go in and out of the hospital.  We spent some time walking and rollerblading.  Finally at noon the hospital was ready for us.  

In previous posts I have made mention that I have a weird number obsession.  Ollie's birthday fits in my "requirements".  First, it is my best friend, Kylee's birthday.  Second, it is divisible by 3.  Third, it has a number 1 and a 2.  Now all of my boys have a  1 and a 2 in their birthday.  And 1+2=3.  


6 comments:

Kylee said...

Oh, I adore him! And his birthday meets my requirements for being cool as well. Let me know when you're up for letting me hold Oliver again.

nicole said...

Oh, poor baby and mother.. So Glad you are both doing well! The trama of birth is so incredible. I didn't post any pictures of how BLUE Easton was and it was scary. I can't wait for the three of us to take a picture with our sweet little boys!! Man, they are such miracles! He is so cute and precious! Congrats

Kedrick & Kori said...

Cute cute cute---Congrats Kathie. So how is it having 3??? Have fun.

Linsay and Jake said...

He is so adorable! Congratulations! That is really sad that he has bruises on him, Bregenz had a scrape on his head when he came out! So sad! Well, I'm glad he is here, Hooray! Have fun with that little guy!

The Nielsen Family said...

Congrats on Oliver. He is so cute. He has the cutest round face. And I LOVE the story behind his name. It is so fun when there is reason behind a name. Not that we really have one for Carter. Anyway, congrats on your three beautiful boys.

The Huffies said...

Oh, he's so cute! And I saw on FB that you already are down past your pre-prego weight...wow! I hope you're doing well...3 pushed me over the edge a bit, but it gets better!