Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Get me outta here!

Brandon and I have been on-site managers of an apartment complex for the past year and three months. It hasn't been easy at all. There have been times that it has been more tolerable than others. We are in charge of 48 very old, poorly taken care of apartments. Everyday someone has a plumbing emergency. The solution of the previous managers was to wrap duct tape around it or prop up a box under the pipes to stop a leak. This handy work has made for a GIANT mess for us. The families that live in the apartments are low income families. Most of them single parents. We have to hear month after month why they don't have the rent money, as we watch them throw big parties on the porch. They are all able to afford their alcohol and the likes, but can't quite afford a place to live. It is a very frustrating thing to have to deal with. I try my hardest to be understanding and to not judge, but I am judging and I DO NOT understand.

With Brandon's new job it will be virtually impossible for us to continue to manage the apartments. HOORAY!!! We are now in the process of finding a place to live. I fall in love with every place, because the way I feel about these apartments. I would live in a box. I can't take another month in this place. I need some space, the boys need to be able to be boys, Hudson needs to run and play, and most of all, I would love to be able to hang out at my house in my pajamas without worrying who is going to need to talk to us. Please keep your fingers crossed that we will find a place...TODAY!

2 comments:

Andie said...

Good luck you guys!! Let me know what ya find!! Yeah for moving on!!

Kellie said...

Hey Kathie I had the wrong email for you before. I've been sending everything to the wrong address. Sorry about that. One of these days I'll have my head on straight. Good luck with finding a house. There is one for sale around the corner from me. I don't know if you would want to live there though.